Giving from Your 401k or IRA Retirement Plan
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur far into the future.
How It Works
- Name Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us. So if you don't tell us, we may not know.
70 ½ or older? Make a “Tax-Free” Gift Through Your IRA
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.